Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Whatcha Working on Wednesday

Oh! I have been working on several different projects. We went to the TS again this morning and we brought home soooooo much! Two of them had half-price sales. That's always a good thing! I did get pictures of everything but I will post them later since I have so many to show in this post. The make-over process is going very slowly and I am running out of room to put things. This afternoon I sanded quite a few things, stained a small shelf, tightened up some loose screws, I started this small stitchery last night and finished it up today.....



The frame was the little blue one we found in the 25 cent bin at the TS in Marshville. It had a white liberty bell cross-stitched on red fabric. I thought the frame would be perfect for a little stitchery and I traced one of our rusty stars for the pattern. I also made another candle tray.....



It just needs to be sanded, painted, sanded some more, and stained. I already have the candles and rose hips to fill it. And this is my favorite of the day....



This is the spice rack that we got when Katie got her free cash register. Jimmy painted it, distressed it, and we got the little plate and star at Antique or Not Saturday. Click on over to Leslie's to see what everybody has been workin' on.

Yesterday the girls and I went to the mall in Fayetteville. Kelsey was wantin' to spend her money and I needed to get them dresses for Easter. They both found dresses they liked at Penneys. I hardly ever buy anything there without a coupon because they send them out all the time. We got a coupon in the mail Monday but it wasn't good until today. So, I told the girls we would go to our Penneys today so I could use the coupon. Our Penneys is small and really crappy. I should have known better. I found the one Kelsey picked out but not Katie's. So, at one of the TS today they had a really nice dress that was $3.00. It is Sag Harbor and hasn't even been worn. I got Katie to try it on. The whole time she was like why does Kelsey get a new dress and I have to get one from the TS? And she kept whinning. What if somebody asks me where I got it? I told her to just tell them that Moma got it for her. Finally, Jimmy and I made her understand that it is a new dress. It just didn't cost as much as Kelsey's. I couldn't get a good picture of her standing so Kelsey took this one for me.....



And now, I'm almost done. I received two awards yesterday. Gigi gave me the Berry Sweet Blog Award....


Thanks so much, Gigi. And Candlemamma gave me the Sisterhood Award.....



And thank you, C
andlemamma. It was so sweet of both of you to think of me.

Now, I think I'm gonna go start working on the new quilt squares I got Saturday.

Have a good evening.

Blessings,


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan.. I love the star in the little frame.. I love stars. Can't wait to see your other TS finds, isn't this fun? Thanks for your comment on my signs I posted on my blog. I order my stencils from StencilMeIn, they have some awesome designs. Hope that helps. I love your blog :)

Hugs,
Stella

Heather said...

congrats on your awards. i love the spice rack! and her dress is beautiful!

Never So Simple said...

Oh I love the new shelf. I also love the star stitchery.

Donna

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Susan,

Oh that is so funny about your daughter! I guess she must be at that age! So far, Joy is fine with GW finds! She gets excited over anything I buy her from there! Which reminds me...she needs an Easter dress!

Thrift shopping is so fun...and here lately it's the only type of shopping I can afford! :) I hope to stop in tomorrow night!

I love your little stitchery! It's so cute! And the spice rack turned out great...the star is great on there. I just can't get enough stars!

Have a great evening....and I'm emailing you about the labels.

Blessings,
Tammy

RA said...

Congrats on your awards :)! I love your crafts and the dress. Best wishes.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the spice rack Susan looks so prim after your husband distessed it.

The star and plate are so cute:)
Rondell

Pam B said...

Please tell Katie for me that she looks adorable in her new dress...doesn't matter WHERE it came from! LOL

Happily Ever After said...

Hey Susan,

Love your stuff. You and Jimmy have it going on with making all these finds so great.

The dress is beautiful, the color reminds me of the waters in the Carribbean. Tell Katie that when she gets all grown up that this dress will be one that she remembers. She may not realize it right now, but when you think that something is not what you want, often times turns out to be better than ever.

Hope you are doing well...


Gigi

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Katies NEW DRESS!!
She looks drop dead gorgeous!
Smiles,
Beth
P.S. Congrats on all your awards too!

Debbie J said...

I love your TS finds!

When my daughter was growing up I bought alot of her clothes at that Penneys at Cross Creek Mall. I can remember pushing her around in her stroller.

When I was growing up my mother bought my clothes at Penneys, but it was in down town Fayetteville. I bet that was before your time!

Debbie J.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Everything looks great. Too funny about the dress! Kids can be so funny!
Congrats on your awards!
Hope you have a great week!