Sunday, March 8, 2009

Primitive Shoppin' and Some Yard Sales

Yesterday Jimmy, Katie, and I spent almost the whole day shopping for primitives :o). We started out headed to Antique or Not in Indian Trail. Pam is closing her shop and everything is on sale. She is such a sweet person and although I don't get to go to her shop as often as I would like I am going to miss her. What a beautiful day for a yard sale and we stopped at a few on the way. We found these two shelves and a table



And here is what we got at Antique or Not



When we left there we went to Party City to get some things for Katie's birthday party. And then to the Curious Cat in Monroe. We found some things there, too



I found these quilt squares (guess what I'm gonna do with them? Yep, make more pillows) and Jimmy found a chick feeder that I'm going to use to make a lamp like Carmen made. The first booth when you walk in the door belongs to Janna and she had a box that had $2.00 items in it. It was sitting on the floor and Jimmy bent down and picked up the candles and yummy Snickerdoodle tarts. And best of all I got to meet a blogger friend. Nicole from Back in the Day Primitives has a booth there. I had never met her before and I asked if she had a booth there and was told that she was there. So I walked back to her booth and met her. Actually Jimmy and I had talked to her earlier but didn't know it was her. When we were done there I was so ready to go home. But Jimmy remembered the TS next to Beth's shop in Marshville. So, we stopped in there and found 4 things that were in the quarter bins



And since we were so
close to the Olde Tyme Marketplace you know we had to stop in and see Beth. We got some candles and rosehips there



We also got ice cream cones there but I don't have a picture of them. I had my camera but didn't even think to take pics. And then finally it was time to go home. This big ole body of mine isn't made to shop all day so I was exhausted when we got home. But we did have a very nice day.

I hope you have a good evening.

Blessings,


15 comments:

Carmen S. said...

OH Susan, Just look at all those goodies!!! Sounds like you had a fun outing, and those snickerdoodle melts sound SOOO yummy:)

Lisa said...

Wow - You brought home alot of goodies, but that table and those shelves have SO MUCH potential. Can't wait to see what you do with those.

Have a blessed week!

Never So Simple said...

Looks like you had a great day out!

Donna

Happily Ever After said...

Susan,

I absoulutely love the items you purchased at Antiques or Not. That is my kind of items. Sounds and looks like you had a great day. I've got to get busy on my post. I've not posted in over a week and my hubby has made me some new items that I want to share. I'm taking a statistics class for my MBA program and it is taking all of my time!

Glad you found such great items and had fun in the process.

Gigi

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Sounds like you had a great day. Good. I did too.

Love, Joy =D

Pam B said...

Susan, it was so nice to see you and your family again...it's always a treat when you come by! Hope to see you again at least once more before the shop closes...

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just such a great shopping day for you! Love all you bought and lucky you for getting to meet some blogging friends.
Rondell

{lauren} said...

I love your yard sale finds! They will look great redone, I know:) I'm planning a stop at Antique or Not in a couple of weeks too! I went back before Christmas and could have spent all day there! We're going to the beach for the weekend on the 19th, and it is right on our route, so it is the perfect opportunity to visit again! I'm so excited:) You got some great things there...and at the other places too!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

That's so nice that you got to meet some fellow bloggers and got some goodies too!
What are your plans for the wooden pieces? I assume you will be giving them make-overs?

Carmen S. said...

Hi Susan, just popping in to answer your question- no,my bunnies are not house trained but they do use litter pans. If left to run loose, I probably wouldn't have a house left, lol! They have play yards and areas that are gated off so they can't get to anything "important" The black one is real bad for chewing so she's a little more restrained:)

A Bit of Colour said...

You had a wonderful day & so many treasures. I hope that we get to see the final pictures of everything. Pillows too!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hey Susan!
So glad you could stop by!! Love seein you and Jimmy!! Can't wait to see how your TS stuff turns out!
Beth

Back in the Day said...

Susan - It was great getting to meet you and your family on Saturday! I spent Friday at Antique or Not too! Pam is the sweetest isn't she!
I can't wait to see the table and shelf makeovers!
Nicole

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Love all your goods!!
How fun, meeting all those great bloggers!


Have a wonderful day,
hugs-Kath

Happily Ever After said...

Hey Susan,

There is something waiting for you at my blog. I had a little trouble with the posting. Hope you can get it.

Gigi