Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It Won't Be Long

My most favorite time of the year is fall. That is except for one thing.....



digging out the ugly pool cover, unfolding it, stretching it across only for it to land on its winter home. This is what I see out the kitchen window all winter long. It is so depressing. But it won't be long and it will be time to uncover the pool and pack that ugly cover away until the end of September. Jimmy is taking a vacation the week after Easter and there are many things to be done around the house. One of them will definitely be getting the pool open. Yep, the water will be COLD and yep, my girls will be in it. They don't care. I won't even get in until the end of May, probably. I can't stand the cold water!


There is also some painting to be done. In August we will have lived here for seven years. And for seven years the outside has needed a new paint job. We did paint the shutters and the front door not long after we moved in. But now it's time for some major painting. I have a little problem though. I don't know what colors to use. Now the siding is a creamy color with navy shutters and front door. The roof is brown.



Jimmy would like to go with painting the siding grey and shutters and door burgundy. But I just don't think that would go with our brown roof or the bricks. I like the idea of the grey with black shutters and door. But that won't go with the brown ro
of or the bricks either. So, what do you think? Please help! I would really like some suggestions.

And then there's the pond.....



It needs some work, too. Definitely some weeding and the daylillies have come back to life. It won't be long and we'll be sitting outside listening to it bubbling. We put the pond in back in the spring of 2003 right after my Mama passed away. We also planted the River birch tree that's behind the pond. When Jimmy brought that poor tree home my father-in-law and I thought for sure it was dead. Jimmy is 6ft. 4in. tall and that tree wasn't much taller than him. And it had no leaves on it.
It won't be long and it will be full of leaves.

I hope you have a great evening!

Blessings,


8 comments:

Heather said...

wow, very nice pool! i wish we had a pool. we join a neighborhood pool each summer but it just isn't the same as owning your own is it?! i love your house. i love ranchers! that's what we call your house here, not sure if where you live it's called something else? the kitty in the pond cracked me up!

Carmen S. said...

Susan~ I'm not real good with matching colors, but I like the navy blue with the brick, what if you just paint the siding part white to match the trim? We had a bad winter here in NW Pa and our pool cover was covered in thick ice. Then a chunk broke off, sunk to the bottom, tore the liner and our pool drained!SO... we have to tear it apart and put in a new liner, definatley NOT looking forward to that! Hope ya get some ideas for the house,have a great night!

Never So Simple said...

Nice pool. I think I will probably miss mine this year. :(

What about chocolate colored shutters? I love your home.

Donna

Happily Ever After said...

Hey Susan,

How about painting the siding a true khaki and the shutters a brown to match the roof? The best idea I can give you is to go to Lowes and purchase the DVD in the paint section for less than $10 bucks. This DVD has all of the paints and colors that Lowes carries. They give you template rooms to "play" with colors to see what you like; however, there is also an option to download your own pictures and choose your paint colors. It takes a little more time to get all the downloaded pictures to "color" just right, but it is a great opportunity to see before you paint. I bought this DVD because I love to look at changing colors. It's a good investment and fun to play with.

Blessings to you.

Gigi

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I like the khkai idea too, our garage door is painted that shade...love it.

Yes, we have an inground pool too and I'm always glad when we take the cover off:)
Rondell

Julie said...

Sounds like you have lots on the to-do list--so do I. My girls would be thrilled if we had a pool. Hope you have a nice day. Julie

Debbie J said...

I love Fall the best too, but if I had a pool and a pool man, I'd be ready for summer too!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

How nice to have your own pool. I know they are a lot of work, but worth it.

Have a happy day!