Thursday, March 5, 2009

Katie's TS Deal and Some Things I Forgot

Katie, our youngest daughter, will turn 11 next month. She loves to play with cash registers. And she has been wanting a real one. She told Jimmy and I that she wants one for her birthday. I thought it was a good idea and Jimmy kept asking her why she needs a cash register. She has been looking on e-bay and craig's list. When we went to the TS where we found the box of goodies Saturday Katie found a cash register. She was about to have a fit. She couldn't get to it fast enough. It was marked $25.00. She picked it up and I noticed it didn't have a cord with it so I told her to go ask if they knew where the cord might be. The man told her it should be with the cash register. But it wasn't. Jimmy was explaining to the man that Katie had been looking on e-bay for one. And the man gave the thing to Katie. He told Jimmy that we could probably find a cord for it at Radio Shack. We brought it home and Katie got the cord from our calculator, plugged that baby up, and it worked.



She was soooooo happy! She told us when she gets money for her birthday she is going to put it in her cash register and save it for our vacation to PA in October.

We found this table and chair last Monday while we were out TS shopping and I forgot about them because they were out on the porch.



They will get som
e kind of makeover and they will probably stay on the porch. We have two wicker chairs that were found a few years ago (at the beach by my inlaws) sitting on the side of the road waiting for the trash men to pick them up. They are where the kitties sleep and they are on their last legs. I hate to get rid of them but someone will probably fall through if they try to sit in them.

And in case any of you are wondering I did dust and clean my bedroom and bathroom yesterday. I felt guilty after I showed the pic. It took me until 11:15 last night to get it all done. But now it's nice and clean, well at least for a few days.

I hope you have a great day.

Blessings,

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Your daughter is one smart girl. Sounds like she loves that cash register...great way to learn.

Heather said...

wow what a great find! Katie is one lucky girl!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Oh I can so relate to Katie I have always loved playing with cash registers and big calculaters!!!LOL Glad you got your dusting done......I didn't!!!:0) Take care!~Wendy

Pam B said...

What a sweet story! I completely understand Katie's fascination; I still get a kick out of making change from mine! LOL

I hope you can stop in before we close...you can get some REALLY good deals right now!

A Bit of Colour said...

Katie got blessed. That's wonderful. Heaven was smiling down on her.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'm glad for Katy...I bet she was just thrilled. Neat chair and table too!
Rondell

Carmen S. said...

Hi Susan, just visiting for the first time, and Wow, what a cash register! Your pretty girl looks pleased as punch with her great deal!!!

PancerBali said...

’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali
*gsgkjhg

Unknown said...

Thank you for your prayers. That was sweet the man at the TS gave your daughter the cash register.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Susan,

I am so happy for Katie! What a neat thing for an 11 year old to want and what a lesson in thriftiness! That's a great learning tool! Way to go Katie! Congratulations on the new cash register!

Tammy