Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm Back

I have taken a break from blogging and I wasn't even planning on taking one. I looked back to my last post and was shocked when the date was April 12th! It sure doesn't seem like that long.

First of all, I want to thank those of you who left comments for me on my birthday. I really appreciate each one of them.

Now I want to catch you all up on what's been going on. Jimmy was on vacation the week after Easter. A while back I showed this picture



I asked for your opinions on what colors to paint our house. Vacation was definitely NOT a vacation. On Monday and Tuesday it was kinda rainy so we didn't get started painting until Wednesday. A two-day job turned into four days. Jimmy painted the siding, Katie and I painted the shutters, and I painted all of the doors. Here's what our house looks like now



Look at that beautiful sky! We had some beautiful weather for painting.

Now on to more exciting things. This coming August we will have lived in our house for 7 years. Jimmy has an Aunt and Uncle who bought the house for us. They paid half down and financed the other half and we paid "rent" to them. Also, while Jimmy was on vacation we were able to get our own loan and pay off the loan that Aunt B and Uncle M got when they bought the house. We are closing on Thursday and we will be homeowners!

We went to the Curious Cat Saturday and it is going really well. The last time we went (which was the Tuesday while Jimmy was on vacation) we hadn't sold much at all. I was getting worried. So, I was thanking the Lord when we went back!

I hope you all are having a great evening and I'm going to get back to reading and commenting.

Blessings,


19 comments:

Retha said...

Susan,

I'm so glad your back!! I had wondered where you where at.

Retha

Carmen S. said...

Susan~ I missed you, glad you're back! YOUR ( congrats!) house looks awesome, I love the colors and it all blends so well. Glad to hear sales have picked up, have a great day:)

basketsnprims said...

Susan,
Love how your house turned out ~ the colors are great. I'm glad your sales have picked up. Have a wonderful day.
Pam

Country Acres Primitives said...

Welcome back Susan, I missed your posts! House looks great and CONGRATS! Home-ownership is near and dear to my heart since I DON'T own yet! hahaha I'm very excited for you!!!
Jennifer

Heather said...

welcome back! the house looks great!

Mandy said...

The house looks great! Congratulations on becoming homeowners. What a great feeling!

Blessings,
Mandy

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

SUSAN!!!
Love how the house turned out and CONGRATS on closing on it!!! WooHOO!! OH>>>>>Love the new haircut and I am so glad that things are going well for you at the Curious Cat!
Welcome Back!
Beth

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Love the colors of your house now. I am starting to paint tomorrow, doors, garage doors, light post steps etc. and using similiar colors.

Congrats on the loan and becoming homeowners. it is a proud day!!

Happily Ever After said...

Hey Susan,

The house looks great. Nice color scheme. I took some time off too. It is such a busy time of the year that it's hard to take time to post.

Blessings to you,

Gigi

Leslie said...

Susan,
I have been taking mini-breaks, also without meaning to. I think about my posts and have pictures and everything planned, I just don't sit and do the post! I enjoy blogging and like having my daily account of what is going on to go back on, so I guess I best find the time! LOL

Your house looks great with the new colors and congrats on owning your home :)

Leslie

A Bit of Colour said...

Good to have you back, & your house looks great! Congrats on being homeowners.

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Susan!
Time sure can get away from us huh? :) I am glad you're back...I have been MIA too! Your home looks great, nice color choices :) I am happy for you and your family-congrats on owning your home!! Glad things are picking up for you too.
I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and for your prayers, I appreciate it!
Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs-Kath

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Susan,

I missed you, even though I haven't been on here as much either!

Love how the house turned out...those colors are perfect and very inviting!

Great to hear your business venture is taking off and you're doing well!

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Tammy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Hi Susan!
Just wanted to stop by and say how neat your house turned out love the colors you chose!
Have a great evening,
Rondell

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hey there! Just checking in!




P.S. My blog name has changed, but if you pay me a visit, I hope you will remember me and add me to your blog list again.
Thanks!

Heather said...

Hi Susan. Just checking in to see how you are doing. I hope you're coming back to blog land soon! Miss you :)

Never So Simple said...

I miss reading your blog. I hope all is well and you post again soon!

Donna

The Peoples BloG said...

Nice to have you back !

The Peoples BloG said...

Nice to have you back !